Lately I finally got some time to delve into my recently updated copy of Melodyne Studio. What an amazing piece of software! I was particularly interested to see how well it can fix tuning of choral performances – in particular intonation of individual voice parts. Melodyne is the only software I know of able to correct issues in polyphonic recordings. So to test it I dusted off some old recordings I’d done of the Hamilton City Choir that were never released.
The piece I chose had some issues with tenor intonation (not an unusual problem) and I found I could easily identify notes in individual parts and use the mouse to drag the audio either up (to sharpen) or down (to flatten) with great success. I will definitely be adding Melodyne to my workflow for future projects.